Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Journey Begins

"Sake Enthusiast" is the term I hear used most often these days to describe myself and a few friends who have embraced this wonderful nectar of the gods. Since returning from a trip to Japan in November 2006, sake has become a passion of mine. While this trip to Japan was not the first time I've had good sake, it was definitely the catalyst that transformed me from occasional sake drinker to sake enthusiast! (Sake, for the uninitiated, is a tasty alcoholic beverage brewed from rice. Also known as "nihonshu", it originates from Japan and has recently become quite popular in the United States and beyond.)

So, at the urging of my friend Dean I begin this blog about sake. Nowhere near an expert but not quite a novice, I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you.

No comments: